In accordance with Minnesota Governor Tim Walz’s Stay Safe MN order of May 13, 2020 American Rare Coin will reopen its’ retail office to the general public on June 1, 2020.
To protect our customers, community and staff, we will rigorously abide by Governor Walz’s prerequisites for businesses to safely re-open:
- Create, share and implement a Covid-19 Preparedness Plan that sets out the actions we are taking to ensure social distancing, hygiene, and disinfection necessary to keep customers, community and staff safe.
- Engage in health screening of staff employees and ensure that sick employees stay home.
- Continue to work from home whenever possible.
Effective June 1, 2020 we are returning to our previous retail office hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. to 4:p.m. (Summer Hours).
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
American Rare Coin Covid-19 Preparedness Plan
Social Distancing/CDC’s recommended social distancing guidelines of 6’:
- We have rearranged and reduced the number of our of transaction stations/tables to two:
- Each station is placed on opposite sides of our retail office.
- Each station has two desks abutted in front of each other.
- Each station also has a physical glass barrier/sneeze shield between staff and customers.
- To reduce wait times customers are highly encouraged to call ahead and schedule prearranged appointments with us in advance of their arrival. Customers can do so by calling 952-830-1400 or
- Use our Appointment Request Form.
- Walk-In customer visits are always welcome but they will be honored as space and time permits.
- Two appointments with up to two persons each will be allowed in our retail office at a time.
- Many questions can and are answered by first calling our business line at 952-830-1400 or
- Use our Contact Us Form or
- Email questions and product photos to info@CoinsonLine.com
- In the case of the those customers wishing to sell product to us:
- Customers may be asked to consider physical delivery of their product using USPS mail with our Risk-Free Mail-In Option or
- Customers may be asked to consider using our Curbside or In-Office Drop-Off Options. In either case, customers who drop off their product and are given a receipt for us to then process and price their collections without having to wait for what can be an hours-long exercise. Once completed, customers will receive a telephone call from us to discuss their collection and our valuation(s) and receive a check from us via USPS mail or bank wire. Our collection and pricing documentation would of course follow with the check or wire.
- Upon arrival customers will be asked to wait in our reception area until their transaction table is prepared.
Safety/Health (Hygiene and Disinfectant) Measures:
- American Rare Coin will follow the CDC’s cleaning guidelines within all of our offices including:
- Wiping down and disinfecting all shared hard flat surfaces including tabletops, arm chairs, glass barrier/sneeze guards, door handles, keypads/keyboards, printers, mice and monitor.
- Each will be disinfected twice daily including all common customer touch areas before and after each customer appointment.
- Hand sanitizing bottles are placed throughout our retail office including at each customer station.
- Staff will wear a protective face mask in the presence of other staff and customers. Single-use gloves will be worn by staff when appropriate.
- Customers will be required to wear a mask when visiting our retail office. Complimentary masks will be made available for customer’s personal use and for them to keep.
- Staff has digital thermometers and each is required to take their temperature prior to arriving at our offices each day.
- Staff that develops flu-like symptoms is required to remain at home and away from our offices for at least one week after their symptoms have ended.
Our Covid-19 Preparedness Plan will be updated as the situation changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please contact us should you have any questions or concerns.
American Rare Coin